Friday 16 October 2009

Bats and korhaan




All is quiet at the moment on the camera front.


We had a team from Wildlife college in South Africa here last week and they recorded an interview with me about the project and this was braodcast during the week on SABC to all of South Africa and this has raised some interest in the project. Thanks to the team from Team Toyota South Africa, the food and support you gave me was great.


A have a couple of pictures that I need help with, one a couple of bats that look like the pretiest bats I've ever seen and a Koorhan. I dont know what types they are.


Found some leopard tracks and scat the other day and initially thought they were Cheetah however I came to the conclusion that they were the hind foot and not the fore foot. It looks like he had been eating a duiker as there were some small hooves in the scat. OW!


Any way tell all of your mates to check out my blog and if any of them have a rich daddy that would like to help the project a bit get them to contact me.

1 comment:

  1. Would you add your bat photo as a citizen-science observation to the AfriBats project on iNaturalist?:
    http://www.inaturalist.org/projects/afribats

    AfriBats will use your observations to better understand bat distributions and help protect bats in Africa.

    Please locate your picture on the map as precisely as possible to maximise the scientific value of your records.

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete