Sunday 22 November 2009

Nosey?


Not a great deal of news lately. We have had no fuel for 17 days now and we don’t know when the country will get any. What a way to run a country?
The good news is that one of the scouts saw a wild dog the other day chasing hartebeest. Because I didn’t have any fuel I could not check this out. The other news is that 2 people independently heard lion about 1 km from the main camp while they were out collecting mopany worms. I checked this out on foot but didn’t see any spore. We did come across a herd of elephant which could have been a bit dodgy but we managed to walk around these. People have seen herds of up to 32 elephants lately which is very promising for the park. The most I have seen is 21 which I saw at the lodge a few days ago.
All I have on camera lately is bush buck although the other day I did manage to get the above photo. It is really interesting but I think the elephants play games with the cameras. I have several pictures where the elephant seem to be standing very close to a camera and actually looking into it although the elephants eye is not captured on film its stance suggests this. From what I can tell they have not tried to damage any or remove them the tree but seem to respect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment