Saturday 1 September 2012

BACK IN MALAWI

I arrived back in Malawi on time and will be staying in Lilongwe until I have sorted out the land rover. I have it running again as it was sitting unused for about 6 months and I have refitted the turbo and injectors that I had checked out in the UK. Oh Boy, it is still burning a lot of oil but I hope to cure that with the spares I bought in the UK. 
I am not sure when I will return to the game park but hope it will be soon.
There have been a few changes since I left, the biggest being the devaluation of the Kwacha. It has helped a bit but all it really means is that the prices have gone up by an equivalent amount. 
Fuel is now readily available every where and at about £1 per litre which is not too bad, however items like bread has doubled in price.
I have had some meetings with people out here and there might be some interesting opportunities for me in the near future. We will have to wait and see.
I hope you like the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment