Monday 21 September 2009

Kasungu National Park


I am having problems with usual e-mail address so if you need to contact me try, duncanyearley1@googlemail.com

I am now back in Kasungu National Park and have started to use the cameras in the bush.
The only results so far are; bush buck, bush pig, civet.
I have carried out several transects in the bush and have come across a surprisingly large amount of wildlife including elephants, 30+ buffalo, kudu, 9 roan which were grouped with 5 zebra plus the usual reed buck, puku and dyker. Birds include red crested koorhan and marshal eagle.
The most exciting find from my point of view was a large 3m black mamba which was sunning its self on the track in front of the vehicle. I was too slow in getting my camera out as it was an exceptional specimen.
The land rover is going ok but will need a good service soon.
I have been talking to the school head master in the park with regards to starting up a wildlife club for the youngsters. My aim here is to educate the park staff on good management of the park with regards to litter and the inefficient use of water as well as to try and stop them washing their cloths in the rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment