Sunday 27 September 2009

Solar panel


Hot water
Next to the house is an old solar water heating system and nobody here can ever remember it working. It may be for as long as 20 years, but quess what? For a sum of around 5000Mk I have a sustainable supply of hot water for the house. People are amazed and now call me the scientist.
Considering this is a national park a lot of the staff and their families do not seem to use their brains. There is always litter in the bush, plastic bags etc, they constantly run out of water in their houses because they put their buckets under the tap and leave it running for an hour, then moan about when they have no more water?
I am going to try and change their attitudes towards both of these issues but I think it will be an uphill struggle. I’ll let you know how I get on.
I have a lady in the compound that that makes fresh bread so that is quite a relief. It saves me having to eat week old bread for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment